Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The First Dance


On jezebel today there was a post about the the evolution of the viral video wedding dance and it got me thinking about our first dance. The boy is not a dancer, well, at least not without a few drinks in him. I, on the other hand, love, love, love, LOVE, LOVE to dance. He would like there to be no official first dance period. His compromise - have it be super short and everyone else joins in partly through the song. The idea of our friends and family watching us dance is not his idea of romantic fun. I partially agree. Watching a couple two-step their first dance is really boring after the first twenty seconds. It's even worse when you can tell the couple attended three dance lessons and are awkwardly trying to remember steps. Don't get me wrong, I think the first dance is a really special moment for the newlyweds, I just don't think everyone else needs to watch. But a tiny part of me still secretly wishes we could choreograph a ridiculously spectacular YouTube worthy dance routine that will become the next viral video craze.

No comments:

Post a Comment